Sunday, October 23, 2016

S'mores has been re-homed...Teddy is back home!



S’mores has been re-homed. Congratulations to Emilee, Sweet Annie and Esau for their new family member.

I reluctantly re-homed Teddy Graham with Emilee’s mother. Reluctant because each morning and evening, Teddy would climb up his hayrack and with his front feet holding the top of the hutch and his back feet secure on top of the hay rack, give me little wet kisses and snuggles. I missed him so much!

So I’m happy to say that Teddy is back home, as he took to nipping – something he never did before! Per Emilee, no matter how much they “worked with him” the “biting” continued. I was thrilled to get him back and happy to give them a full refund.

Yesterday was his first full day home, and after a good 20-30 minutes of grooming and plucking, he nipped me on the belly! Ouch!! And a few minutes later, a smaller nip on my shoulder and a few minutes after that, tiny teeth scraped my neck. I am not worried now, and I believe I understand the issue. 

I’m grateful they contacted me before this became an ingrained habit. I am already on the road to stopping the nipping by…doing nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment