Monday, August 1, 2016

3 boys; 4 girls

The bunnies have matured enough to id by gender. I've separated the boys off from the girls. I started to wean the girls as well, but Snickers and Nilla in particular seemed stressed after their first night apart. So I removed the partition. There is no rush. From what I've read, they won't reach sexual maturity until 4 months. In the meantime they get along great and Snickers and Nilla seem particularly close. Snickers didn't showed any sign of territorial behavior when Oreo had gotten in with her.

Now that they're separated, I can tell the individuals apart when in their home (I still put them together for playtime; the boys are getting playful but not aggressive). And so they have been named, all still in the cookie tradition. From left to right the boys are Keebler the elf, Teddy Graham and Figgy Newton.

Starting at the bottom with Nilla, and going counter-clockwise, the girls are Hydroxya, S'mores and Jammy Dodger.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment