Monday, June 6, 2016

Day 4: Snickers has successfully taken over her duties

without my guidance, encouragement or any intervention. She's a good mommy!

The babies have each gained 1/2 ounce since birth. I'm pretty certain the runt is not a peanut as he remains active and has achieved the highest growth rate with a 33% gain, from 1.5 ounces Thursday evening to 2 ounces today. The next up is 2.5 ounces, then 5 range from 2.75 to 3 ounces. The biggest is now a hefty 3.5 ounces and was trying to hop on the walk up to the house and while being checked out and weighed. Activity levels seem directly correlated to weight.

I've confirmed the pink baby will most likely be fawn, with red also possible although she looks too light at this point for red. I've named her?, in the cookie tradition, Nilla.

Until today, I was reluctant to name the runt, for fear he'd? turn out to be a peanut. Given his progress so far, I feel hopeful enough to dub him Keebler, after the elf.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the baby pictures! You were right - they're super sweet. :) (Found you from the ADR)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky...wow, for some reason blogger didn't show me your post until just now! They've grown quite a bit since this pic was taken, but they're still super sweet. See you at ADR...

    ReplyDelete