Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Great Bunny Migration

After a full week of furiously building, buying, adjusting, building...the bunnies are in their new digs. Nothing is quite square. The wood is a bit warped.  The lid is a joke.

And after having completed pretty much all the cutting, screwing, hammering, and almost all the wire cutting I remained uninjured. Down to my last few inches of cutting the poultry netting I managed to cut off the tip of a finger! HOLY FREAKIN' BLOODY MESS!! Leave it to me to exsanguinate by sewing shears! Seriously, when the bleeding wasn't stopped after 15 minutes I tried using flour as a styptic. HOLY CRAPS THAT HURT!!!!!!! Another 5 minutes of bleeding and I reached for the styptic powder. I mean, how much worse could it be than the flour agony. THIS FUCKING MUCH WORSE, THAT'S HOW MUCH!!!!!! AAAAAAAIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! That shriek heard coast-to-coast last Thursday afternoon was me when I stuck my poor fingertip in the powder.

The good news is it worked and the bleeding stopped. The better news is my finger didn't drop off and is healing nicely. The bonus is I've been flipping everybody the bird since Thursday. Yes, it was that finger.

With the garage door open, it's cooler than the barn. Tomorrow I'll start the cleanup and look for screens to fit in the garage windows. I'd just open them, but a couple little birds keep trying to come in. I don't want them to get trapped in there if I can prevent it!

First I carried Oreo up from the barn. Then came Snickers. And then, 2 buckets full of babies!





No comments:

Post a Comment